Sunday, April 26, 2009

A kid and a project

First, the kid. So, you saw the cards I did at my big old class? As I was finishing up the cutting and prepping, and making sure there were enough of each little bit, my son came in to say "mom, I want to make a card for the class." I thought that meant he wanted to make one of those... nope. He drew out this:

and told me what colors he wanted to make this:

and THEN informed me that I had some more cutting to do- the ladies needed to make this card too... um... really?? sorry sweetie...they had enough to get done! lol! But I thought it was really cute, and really smart(!) that he had a sketch of his own, and designed such a fancy card!

Next, my project. Sooo, one of the Bear cub scout requirements is to add to or begin a den scrapbook. COOL!!! I decided about 6w ago that I would take a photo of each of our field trips and then put that in the book, plus have the book available for when they need to write a report on something for a requirement, or make a poster of something or whatever... Plus, its something I know how to do, lol! Well, now that we've gone on 4 field trips, I've finally figured out the best way to do this. I sat down last night and made this title page:

and then * I * will glue down the photo and write the date, what we did, where we went and why, and list off whatever we passed off in the activity! Then, the facing page of the 'layout' will be a lined sheet where the boys write what they learned or what they did on that trip. Cool huh? The boys are excited, and that's the point! What do you think? (other than, my "center" is off....)

3 comments:

  1. That's one brilliant sketch!! What a fab card it has made xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to like looking at blogs. When my computer does not show all the pictures and I can't get the sound on any more its not so fun.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...