Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Vintage Love

My inlaws will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary this week. (No, I am not that old, and really, neither is my husband. He was a surprise later in life, haha.) That means they were married in 1950. I was scanning my stamp stash wondering which set to use and I really love this couple....and then I thought if I used it in sepia tones, it would totally suite a 70th anniversary! My husband loved the idea so I got to work. And I am really happy with how it turned out!
I'm entering it in this week's SUO Challenge, which is designer's choice.
Supplies:
Stamps: Silhouette Scenes, Very Versailles
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede card stocks
Accessories: Copper Trim (retired), Lace Trim, retired Vanilla button,  Tin Tile Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Stamping Sponges

I love the subtle textures going on! I had to use a retired button, and I used a tiny scrap of Soft Suede card stock as the "thread" - an old technique but one I love!
~~~
Don't forget- today is the very LAST DAY to order from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, and the 2020 Occasions Mini! You'll want to check the website to see what has sold out, because it's kind of a lot! Orders close at 11:59pm mountain time! If you don't already have a demonstrator, choose me when you place your online order.

Click HERE for the Annual Catalog Retiring Items and click HERE for the Occasions Mini. The sidebar on that website also allows you to shop by topic (available stamps, paper, ribbon, etc) or search for one specific item if you know it's name. You can even search by color! And have fun stamping! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Tanya - I think this is perfect for the anniversary - your colors do make it look like a vintage photo, and such fun details and textures! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the details of the ribbon, button, and especially combining the 2 stamps sets that you did! Thank you so much for joining us over at SUOChallenges.com. We hope that you join us again tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the textured background and how you used the Very Versailles stamps around your sweet main image. (And, um, I still need to ink up my Silhouette Scenes stamp set!) Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for the new challenge starting today!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...