Sunday, June 14, 2020

St Patrick's Day, again.

Happy Sunday to you!
One of the things on my mind is that I really need to start scrapping our time "in quarantine" (tho we weren't technically) and all the weird things that have happened this year. One thing that IS done for all three kiddos is our St Patrick's Day. This page was done in MDS since I don't own anything St Patrick's Day -ish. Also that allows me to just print four copies and call it good.
The tie-in between this page and COVID-19 is that our little town had a few of these events shared thanks to the town facebook page, starting with a shamrock hunt the days leading up to the 17th!
It was meant to give people (children) something fun to do - let them color a shamrock, hang it up (ie: decorate the house for the holiday!) and then on our isolated walks or drives to get out of the house, see how many you could find! When I suggested it, my kids only wanted me to print two- one for the front yard and one for the back, and they each colored one leaf of each shamrock, haha....
(and actually, I just remembered, I used my retired heart dies to make the shamrocks they colored!)
They also held an egg hunt and a bear hunt, that will need scrapped. Eventually I want it all recorded- the hard, the fun, the good, the bad, all the things. There has been all of that since March when the world lost it's mind.... Our state has opened up rather a lot (thank heavens!!!) but my three year old still asks if people are done being sick so she can do this or that... sigh. I wish it was over... 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, like one month into the quarantine I told my 3yo we couldn't do something because it was closed, and he yelled "Don't TELL me about the things that are CLOSED!!!" He's so ready to have other kids to play with again.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...