Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Look Back

I've mentioned before that I am part of a group that has monthly scrapbooking goals. This is a good thing for me because it encourages me to meet a goal I set for myself, and when its broken into monthly increments its less overwhelming and often times, scrapbooking gets done!! Since that is my primary paper-crafting passion, that's important to me.
A new person recently joined the group to start scrapbooking. She posted her first page, which was amazing, lol. Someone mentioned they wouldn't be willing to share their first page and I thought that was actually a really great idea! *grin
I don't know if others will play along, but I am going to post my first pages right here for the world to see, hahaha...

The year was 1995...I was 15 years old and invited to attend the women's group activity at church. Someone came from some scrapbook store in the "really big city" about an hour away, and taught us how to use stamps in scrapbooks. Up to this point the stamps my mom had were used to stamp on lined paper or our arms.... seriously. haha! The person had a plastic grid and showed us how to stamp inside every other block on the grid, and the color in the newly stamped images with markers. They had markers that were dual tipped to do the edges with. I brought it home and hunted for pictures of me doing "performing art". I felt that this page was so beautiful and deserved pictures of me "improving the world". Go a head and giggle as hard as I am now.......
The thing was, I was now hooked. I could make my own personal history and feature photos- two of my favorite topics!! Within a year, I needed to show off something I had made that represented "ME" at another church activity, so my mom and I got to work putting together my life up to that time. Here are two samples of what we did...

Full sheets of patterned papers, cutting around the subject, funky scissors and minimal journaling...that's how we started! And I really love that the second sample here has holes punched in it because our first sheet protectors were the office style, haha. Soon I moved on to adding themed stickers like a crazy person and eventually I discovered stamps and my style has become everything else you can find on this blog. But here's my beginning.
Are you willing to share yours? *smile

2 comments:

  1. I love your first pages and your "story" about them, Tanya. It's cool that you started scrapping so young! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, if you can do it so can I, although I was much much older than you when I started, the scrapping looks about the same as mine. I will have to hunt up my first pages!! Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...