Friday, May 1, 2015

Blog Hop: May Flowers

Already we're to the 1st of May?!?!?!
The good thing about that is that we have another blog hop for you! This time we're following up with our April Showers theme, bringing May Flowers! Flowery cards are also perfect for Mother's Day which falls in May, so read on!
First up, I chose the Freshly Made Sketch for this sweet Mother's Day card....The greeting doesn't look crooked in real life....weird....
Supplies:
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Wisteria Wonder & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Neutral Buttons, Designer Label Punch, Glue Dot

Next up, I used the current Retro Sketch for this pretty tulip card, and you can see flowers work for pretty much any occasion! I used Watercolor paper for this card and was suprised the Memento black ink smudged into the pink petals. However, I also think that muddiness gives a realistic look to the flowers so that was a happy accident!
Supplies:
Stamps: Love Is Kindness
Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake
Paper: Pistachio Pudding card stock, Park Lane DP, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Neutral Buttons, Linen Thread, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Glue Dots

Finally, I used the Nacho Average Challenge for this quick birthday card. It's not my favorite card but you can't win them all... haha! I do like the colors together tho...and it's hard to see but I stamped a different little flower on the white strip to look like leaves.
Supplies:
Stamps: Petite Petals, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Maritime DP
Accessories: Petite Petals Punch, Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

Aren't flowers handy? haha! I know I own tons of flower stamps, current, retiring and long retired. They're so versatile and you can make them any color you can imagine, completely changing the feel of any card you could need. Awesome feature, haha!
Now hop on over to Cheryl and all the way thru to see how everyone else used May Flowers! And leave us some comments- we love to hear what you think!

What is retiring from today's projects?
  • Itty Bitty Banners stamp set
  • Pistachio Pudding card stock
  • Park Lane DP 
  • Maritime DP
  • Essentials Paper Piercing Pack
  • Strawberry Slush ink

6 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Tanya! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I totally need to get back into the sketches. Goal made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're all really nice!!! I love that you used a bunch of flowers rather than one big flower for our sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I think the Nacho card is cute, I love the colors. But as I always tell myself, not every card can be my favorite, right? Still looks great! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are all so pretty, Tanya! I love the really creative way you used the FMS sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little cluster of flowers! Great take on the Nacho sketch. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...