Friday, May 8, 2015

When things are tough...

Mother's Day can be a tough time...some of us have lost our mothers, some of us have too many places to be on Mother's Day and want to spend it our own way, some of us ache to be mothers and cannot, for any number of reasons. If any of this applies to you, and you don't enjoy seeing all the Mother's Day cards this week, may I suggest an alternative?
Celebrate the women in your life and their impact on you.
They don't even have to be a mother! Your sister, your best friend, a neighbor...an aunt or grandmother, or co-worker..! Any woman who helps get you thru the day or you turn to for advice, that's who you can celebrate! .
And in that spirit, this card was born.

As soon as I saw the Occasions Mini I knew I wanted this set. I was holding off a bit, other things were a priority, but I finally got it!! And this phrase is perfect for a dear friend of mine, who definitely deserves all the recognition she can get for her role as a mother. Motherhood makes strong women of us all, but I often think she is much stronger than me, because of the trials she and her children have been given.
This week, I thought the Mojo Monday sketch would be a fun way to put it to use and get it sent out! So that's what I did! There is nothing "mother's day-ish" about this card. In fact, it would be great for a guy! (And I definitely have a thing about nautical Father's Day cards...) but not this time. I cut the "never made" out of a second stamped image and layered it with Dimensionals. I added one silver button, from the sold out Artisan Embellishment kit, mostly to follow the sketch, haha. But I am very happy with how this card turned out!
Supplies:
Stamps: Adventure Awaits
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Coastal Cabana & Whisper White card stocks, Maritime DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Banners Die, Dimensionals, Artisan Embellishment Kit (sold out)

Since I'm sure I piqued your interest, you can see a chapter of my friend's story HERE, when her local news station recently recognized her. We grew up together, and she was even my Maid of Honor. I always hope that cards in the mail brighten her days.

What is retiring from today's project?
  • Coastal Cabana card stock
  • Maritime DP
  • Artisan Embellishment Kit
  • Adventure Awaits is not in the new catalog... 

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...