Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Summer Tree

Yesterday's rainy card was perfect for the weather we've had the last few weeks...it just keeps raining! We really, really need the water so that makes it okay, haha! But summer is coming, and this card seems to capture it nicely for me!
I used the latest sketch from the Clean & Simple blog and once again featured my brand new stamp set and colors!
Supplies:
Stamps: Sprinkles of Life
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon
Paper: Cucumber Crush, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe card stock
Accessories: Tree Builder Punch, Dimensionals

So here's my tip for punching out the wood of the tree... Cut a strip of card stock just wide enough for the tree, stamp it, slide it into the back of the punch (always punch upside down so you can see what you're doing!) and voila- there you go!
Sure, you get a few bonus punch outs, but you can just save them in an empty button container and use them some other time!
Pretty nifty, isn't it? I am definitely loving my new toys! In the above card, I could have punched out flowers, but I opted to stamp them today. Maybe another time...! This has SO many possibilities!!
Have you gotten your copy of the new catalog yet? What do you plan to order first? Just over a week til the new catalog is official!! *squeeeeeal!

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...