Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Scrappy Night!

Confession: I have three shoe boxes full of photos, specifically printed for scrapbooking...collecting dust.
Something about the shoemakers children going barefoot comes to mind here.... haha!

Last week I decided to spend one of our tv evenings paper scrapping, instead of digi scrapping, which is a common thing around here. I dragged all my supplies out and chose my son's box of pictures. I realized I have a bunch of photos that need 8x11 pages, which is how I started scrapping for him. I switched him to 12x12 books in 2010....if that tells you anything. Yikes! I cranked out four pages that night, but today I'm just going to show three.
Again, this is a great way for me to feature retiring products- and time is almost up! Check the updated list HERE and hurry and place your order!

First up, I finally did this page of him with his 1st grade teacher, on the last day of school that year. Yes, I know that was ages ago....! I found the layout on Pinterest and used colors he still likes. And I thought this phrase from Adventure Awaits worked well for a school-ish photo!
Supplies:
Stamps: Adventure Awaits
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral (marker)
Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral card stocks
Accessories: Epic Day Washi Tape, Retro Fresh Washi Tape, In Color Sequins

Next, I made this layout of our "beach" which is really just a sandy wall of a small, local reservoir. In August I did the layout for my daughter's books of the same thing, and I only just pulled that up to link it, and had to laugh at how similar the supply list is! I guess if it isn't broken, don't fix it!
...that's two cliche's in one day...weird....
Supplies:
Stamps: The Open Sea, Skinny Mini ABC
Ink: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Paper: Whisper White & Coastal Cabana card stock, Maritime DP
Accessories: Wide Oval Punch, Dimensionals

So that's it for today, come back tomorrow to see the last page!

What is retiring from today's projects?
  • Adventure Awaits
  • Skinny Mini ABC
  • Coastal Cabana ink
  • Coastal Cabana card stock
  • Maritime DP
  • Epic Day Washi Tape
  • Retro Fresh Washi Tape
  • In Color Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...