Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Day!

...is Sunday! Did you know that? I barely did...! I whipped up a couple specifically-Mother's-Day cards and then laid out allll the flowery, butterfly-y cards I have in my stash (there are a LOT) and had my kids choose which ones to send their grandmothers, and my husband chose one for his mother. I know my husband likes cards that say right on them what they're for, so I needed to add a few that say "happy Mother's Day" on the front. So even tho my stash is pretty large, adding two cards to it, but mailing out 6 seems a fair trade, haha! And that is why retiring products are on today's cards!

Sketches are my favorite go-to to get me started with cards. This card uses the current Freshly Made Sketch, and is really quite a simple card, but I really love how it turned out!
Supplies:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Soft Sky, Crumb Cake & Coastal Cabana card stocks
Accessories: Big Shot, Butterflies Framelits, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

For this card, I used the May 1 sketch from the Viva La Verve blog. A few weeks ago I received a couple cards, thru the Cards In The Mail swap I participate in, using this stamp set on white panels, stuck on a white card. I thought it was a very striking look. (You can see them at the end of THIS post.) I chose Very Vanilla to achieve the same idea. What do you think? I really like it, and the touch of pearls!
Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Memento Black, Pear Pizazz (marker), Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride (marker)
Paper: Very Vanilla & Blushing Bride card stocks
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

Hopefully these inspire you to create something pretty for the mothers in your life! And I need to get the Mother's Day cards out today!

What is retiring from today's projects?
  • Coastal Cabana ink
  • Coastal Cabana card stock
  • Scallop Edge Punch

4 comments:

  1. Love both your cards, that butterfly is gorgeous. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card! I do love that butterfly! It is so perfect for Mother's Day! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...