Friday, May 29, 2015

What a WEEK!

Let's see....husband's birthday, school pool party and field day, evening band practices, the last week of school and a five day migraine....yep, some days I don't manage to post! Despite the fact that I have been working on this layout since Tuesday...But! Today was the last day of the school year and even tho my summer calendar looks packed, I am going to relax, because we made it! PHEW! hahaha...

Tonight I have a double scrapbook layout. Since MDS is retiring in just a few short days, the MDS Monday Blog is also coming to an end. I think this has been my very favorite challenge blog and I have tried to play every week (even tho that doesn't always work out...see above, haha!). Sad, sad, sad! I missed last week, so I combined this week and last week's challenges to make these pages from last December!

The first page uses the sketch from last week, and the second just goes with it. This week's challenge was to use our favorite downloads. Hands down, my favorite and most used kit is the Lemonade Stand content disk, which was only available during a Sale-A-Bration season. I use it all the time, there are elements from it on most of my digi projects. This time the three different DP, the snowflakes and swirl "stamps" and the title all come from the Lemonade Stand disk.
Supplies:
MDS: Lemonade Stand content disk (DP, snowflakes, swirl, "I {heart} THIS"; Punches, Free form line

The photos document an "adventure" we had last December. I think the journaling is worth a glance, and since it's very tiny, here you go:
What a fun {long} night this was! We picked up dinner at Jimmy Johns, picked up Dad at work, then hopped on the Frontrunner! We picked up Grandpa --- & Grandma --- at a stop near them, and headed to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square! We listened to a choir sing in the Assembly Hall, and saw some lights at the City Creek Center. Then we took Trax to Aunt --- house and visited her a while.
On our walk from Trax to Aunt ---, --- noticed a man in a wheelchair trying to get out of the laundromat, but unable to get the door to open properly. He ran up to help, but Grandpa had to fix it. Grandpa and Dad ended up helping the man home, and we were so glad --- noticed him so that he was able to get home safe, instead of freezing to death that night. It was quite a thing.
After our visit, we went back on Trax, back on Frontrunner...and somehow missed our connection to go south after the Murray Station! We were going to have to sit and wait for over an hour, in the very cold, late night! Grandpa took the kids over to the hospital because at least it was warm and somewhere to be, but Dad realized we could just go north and then come back south to stay warm, haha! So we did! We went back downtown and came back south after that! Ours is the most south stop, and then we found an ice and snow covered truck! We didn't get home til 1:20 AM! The kids were so wiped out they went to school nearly an hour later than usual! 

2 comments:

  1. Tanya, I'm so glad that you got a chance to play with MDS Monday this week! Both of your pages are awesome, as usual!!! I love that you picked Lemonade Stand as your favorite, and I love what you did with it. I wouldn't have thought to use that download with Winter pages (even though it includes a snowflake stamp), but it worked so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemonade Stand... another great download! I love how you squeezed so many photos into your pages. Thanks so much for joining us on such a busy & hard week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...