Monday, March 24, 2008

Making Cards!

I mentioned I was at my mom's helping make cards. Next summer she is going to chaperone a foreign exchange group and she is giving bundles of hand stamped cards to the mothers and grandmothers in the homes she visits (most of whom will not speak English, which is why we left off greetings!). We made over 20 cards in two days this weekend, and that's really significant when you realize we had to keep an eye on my kids and everything else that comes up in life... So here are three of my favorite cards. I'll post more another time. This one uses Heartfelt Thanks. Its such a beautiful set and you can use the same image over and over in all kinds of colors and shades. For this card, I went with a Pumpkin Pie base, a layer of Bravo Burgundy, and a layer of Very Vanilla cardstocks. I stamped the outline flower in Burgundy along the side. I stamped the flower in Burgundy, a Pumpkin center and Always Artichoke for the stem. I tied some retired burgundy organdy ribbon around it for a very nice, simple accent. This card uses another of my favorite but retired stamp sets: Time With You. I thought a nice, springy card would be great, so I chose Gable Green for the base. The main image is on Whisper White, stamped in black and colored with Stampin' Up! markers. Then just a little black gingham ribbon to finish it off! This card was really cool. My mom did this one. First we did the polished stone technique on scraps of photo paper. We used the retired Copper ink refill with Summer Sun and Cameo Coral. She layered them onto a Summer Sun card base, stamped the image from Lovely As A Tree in Basic Black and added some black brads from the Vintage Brads set! Cool, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...