Sunday, March 16, 2008

A workshop!

Lots of photos today! I had a workshop on Saturday that we were out of town the whole weekend for. It wasn't 'all work and no play' tho - Burt and I got to go out for our Valentines/birthday date! We had a very nice night out, loved it! The following pictures are the projects I did at my workshop. This first one uses the Chalkboard Technique. Beate has a great tutorial on that at Splitcoaststampers.com. Her sample is also on her blog, Fresh & Fun, on my side bar. I used Chocolate Chip like she did, rather than black. Anyway, the card has a chocolate chip base, the So Saffron Prints Paper, a layer of Pumpkin Pie, then So Saffron, then Chocolate Chip cardstock. I used White Craft ink to stamp the flowers (from Heartfelt Thanks), and then sponged over them with my pastels. I tied Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon around the layered rectangle and added a Fire Square Rhinestone Brad for an accent. Sooo fast, sooo stunning! My second card I used the stamp set Priceless. I was going to show the So Swirly jumbo wheel with the set because of the upcoming Stampin' Up! promotion, but I forgot to bring the wheel with me. (I'll post details on that tomorrow. It doesn't use this set, but the idea behind sets and wheels...) So I have Bravo Burgundy for the base, then a layer of Almost Amethyst, then Pretty in Pink. I stamped the heart with Burgundy and cut it out, and stuck it on with Dimensionals. Then I wrapped a little bit of White Grosgrain ribbon around the pink and used my Easter Elegance Rub-on's on the ribbon! how cool is that?! Oh, I didn't use Versamark here, I used the actual colors of ink that match the paper. Here is a close up with the Rub-ons. It came out really clear and looks fantastic! This card was the Make & Take. I used the Sale-A-Bration set So Many Scallops here, with the Rock & Roll technique. That has got to be one of my favorites because its so simple but looks great! We used the crimper for the leaves, as found on Patty's website (also on my side bar). I let them choose either Cameo Coral or Ruby Red for the base, since those are the inks we used on the flower. Then a layer of Creamy Caramel, and then Old Olive for the stem and leaves. We added a cute little Caramel button in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...