Friday, April 25, 2008

The Process of a Glittery Page!

I just got my latest order! It included the Sticky Cuts letters (found at the top of pg 186) and the new Chunky Sprinkles Glitter from the mini catalog. I think I really like the sticky cuts letters. I LOVE the idea! And I’m glad I ordered them so I know what they are! You know the Sticky Strip adhesive (bottom of pg 186) that is great for boxes and 3-d stuff? Yeah, its just letters and numbers die-cut into that exact stuff, complete with the super-static-y red part…
The instructions say to peel off the back part and firmly press it onto your project before adding glitter or beads. (I don’t have beads) I read something another person experienced that made sense to me...if you wait and add your glitter to your entire project, then everything ends up sparkly. So I added glitter FIRST. …annnd now I’m thinkin’ there’s a REASON they say peel off the back first! Otherwise you are wrestling with a double-sided-sticky-glittery mess that wants to stick to itself! It is VERY hard to put onto your project at this point...! HMM. I may end up with a love-hate relationship with these lovely sticky cuts letters… I’ll get back to you on that as I play more. I still really love the idea of them. I’ll just have to find a way to make them work for me. Maybe just on one-layer projects...
And the chunky glitter is actually "chunky". You can pick up each little sparkle by pressing your finger on it and put it back in the little cup! hardly a mess! Love that!!!
So here's my finished page. What do you think?
Recipe: Barely Banana 12x12 base, Hostess Prints DSP (pretty in pink), Berry Bliss DSP, Sticky Cuts, Chunky Sprinkles Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...