Thursday, April 10, 2008

New page!

Remember that big family picture from the birthday post? Well I printed some photos today (to keep up with my goal of catching up a little on scrapbooking) and got this in a 5x7 for my parents Japanese student! Since I'm largely responsible for doing her scrapbook, I thought I'd get one page done!
She told me last weekend that she liked pink and brown together (very trendy) so I went with that. I mounted the whole page on a sheet of Close to Cocoa paper. When I do this, I often cut out the center to be used elsewhere, in this case, on the bottom of the photo mat! It saves me paper and bulk- yeay! I used a sheet of Whisper White for the main part. The photo is mounted on Pixie Pink and then Cocoa card stock. I stamped the title with my Taffy Alphabet in Chocolate Chip ink because I thought it was stronger. I added some of that lovely Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon with a new ribbon slide from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware in the mini catalog. I stamped the little hearts from Merci in Pixie Pink to define my sentences in the journaling. I stamped the flowers from Merci in Pixie Pink and stamped the bee in Chocolate Chip, but colored him with So Saffron and a Blender Pen. I cut him out and mounted him on top of the flowers...shown here: Then the bee is stuck on with a Dimensional. I think she'll like the page...
I'll have more pages tomorrow! I got a few things done today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...