Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A double inspiration card!

Hooray! I haven't got to participate in all the challenges I've wanted to lately, my daughter seems to be more mischievous every day! Then by the time bedtime rolls around I'm too tired to worry about stamping. So today, I combined two challenges of Beate's! I used her Be Inspired Challenge #8 for the colors and her tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com for the technique! COOL!

I used So Saffron for the card base, and cut it the long way for the "tent" style card. A thin layer of Pumpkin Pie card stock (which I was thrilled to discover I had - I thought I was out, thank goodness for scraps!) and then the focal point is Whisper White card stock. I stamped the flowers from Priceless in Brocade Blue first, then "THUMPED" my Night of Navy marker randomly on that. So here's how it looks! I did the same technique and same colors on the words, and then added three Fire Square Rhinestone Brads. A yellow, an orange and a big yellow one. Looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, I love the colors and set you chose for the technique and for the challenge! Thanks for trying both!
    Great card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...