Thursday, April 17, 2008

a Wedding and a Baby

...but not for the same people. ;) These are more cards for my mom. She got a wedding announcement and a baby shower invite yesterday so I did these for her. She does make a lot of her own cards, but right now she's just got so much on her plate. Plus, I like having new things to post!!

Here is what I thought was an elegant idea for a wedding card. I used Bravo Burgundy card stock for the base, Chocolate Chip card stock mats and Very Vanilla card stock for the images. I stamped the flower from More Petal Prints (retired!) in Burgundy ink and then the phrase from Word on Word (also retired!) in Chocolate Chip ink. I added some retired Burgundy organdy ribbon and two silver brads. I think the 'white space' in the top corner is ok left as is... Here's a sweet little baby card. I THINK the invitation indicates its for a baby boy (doesn't tell us, just the way they made the invite...), so I went with a boyish-neutral color scheme. I used Mellow Moss card stock for the base and the mat of the main image. I put on a strip of Barely Banana card stock to break it up. I used the retired hostess set Event Full for the main image. I think that sweet pea stamp is so cute. Anyway, I stamped it with Always Artichoke ink and then sponged Mellow Moss ink over it, diagonally. Then I stuck on a clear round button for a baby touch. Very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...