Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Cards For Troops" Event!

Sunday, a woman at church asked if anyone would like to write to her son and his buddies who are serving in Iraq. Since then, I have organized a card-making event to do exactly that. Tomorrow I'm going to tape flyers to every door in this neighborhood and the next and hope for the best.

I'm going to charge $1 per card and have a variety of pre-cut cards ready to be stamped and assembled. The fee will help cover the supplies, provide envelopes and possibly postage costs. We'll make cards to write messages for the soldiers but we'll also make cards for them to send home to their families.

Here is a card I thought could work both ways. I used Not Quite Navy for the base and wheeled Matey's Map in Chocolate Chip ink on Sahara Sand card stock. I colored it with my watercolor pencils- no blending, just coloring. Then I used Sahara Sand and my Word Window punch for the greeting, which I stamped in Not Quite Navy. I think its a good masculine card for them to send AND receive! Here's hoping for a great turn-out!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful project! Hoping it is a great success. Your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...