Sunday, April 27, 2008

A sucker for a sale...

Yesterday I mentioned I went shopping. Yeeeahh... I went to the bookstore to buy myself a CD I wanted last year for Mother's Day, that I am now getting THIS year for Mother's Day. The helpful sales person handed me a flyer for their two-day sale and I like to browse their super cheap section anyway. Yikes! I walked out after tripling my sale!! And here's the other confession...!
I started scrapping in 1996 or 97. I used to haunt scrapbook stores looking for anything 'perfect'. Since starting my Stampin' Up! business, I haven't even stepped into a store for scrapbook supplies!!! Except...that I found a nice 12x12 album for $4 at this same bookstore in February. And then yesterday I found a boy and a girl scrapbook kit- album, stickers, rhinestones, paper, etc- for $10 each, valued at $50. OK FINE, I'll get that too!!! I bought the kits for the albums, and its totally worth it. Oh, and the boy kit came with a sticker that said this: "Of all the animals the boy is the most unmanageable." Couldn't resist that one! But I haven't spent any money on "other guys" no matter how much I've liked them. I usually have great self-control with money and hardly ever spend it on ME. There's always too much the kids "need" and want for me to justify money for Mommy. And if I'm going to buy it, I may as well buy it from myself! Not only do I like the discount and the commission, but I only demo what I can sell, so why own other products if I can't demo it? So that is my reason. And HERE is my first non-SU purchased page since I started the biz. (I have made pages with non-SU products because I have a big box full of stuff over there from my pre-biz days.) I was really happy with this paper from the boy pack. I really don't like letter stickers, that was my biggest reason for buying ABC sets, I get sooo tired of accumulating "q" and whatever other not-used letters. But these worked great for this page. I used my retired Buckaroo Blue card stock for the photo mats! Its a darn close match! He likes the pages too, so yeay!
But you want to know what else happened with sales yesterday? At the beginning of April I signed up with Kidvantage at Sears because my son has torn thru 9 pairs of jeans this winter. Um, make that 10. Friday he ripped the knee on one of the jeans I bought THIS MONTH. So we went all the way to Sears to replace them. That's all we were doing. But....Burt noticed a major buy-one-get-one-free sale throughout a lot of the store.... I got 3 new shirts and 2 new pants!!! YEAY!!!! Burt doesn't agree with the "ignore mommy" money philosophy, but he has to convince me...that did it! Dang sales! I don't even want to think about how much extra we spent yesterday..............


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...