Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Christmas in January!

Well yesterday's post never went live, so we'll pretend today is still the 25th, HA! I had my Cards of Love stamp class yesterday morning and then all the things that normally happen in life took up the rest of the evening and cards weren't photographed until now! (Tuesday morning)
~~~~~
Another of the paper-crafting goals I have set for myself this year is to not end up making 50-something Christmas cards in the month of December, ever again. haha...It's not nearly as fun as it sounds. I have decided instead to feature a few Christmas cards on the 25th of each month leading up to December! That should make a good dent in what I need done!
The funny thing was, my mom asked if she and I (or sometimes just me) could get some Christmas and Halloween cards made throughout the year, instead of cramming the week or month of. Sounds like a great idea, doesn't it??
For years I have seen a group on Splitcoaststampers.com that does a monthly Christmas card goal, just like my monthly scrapbooking goal. I don't want to commit to a number this year (maybe next year, let's see how it goes...) but I am going to share something for Christmas, every month.

So first, my stash. I had time to fit three cards in this day, and I thought I'd stick to the same general supplies. I used the Gentle Peace stamp set, which is still available if you're interested! Check HERE.
Supplies:
Stamps: Gentle Peace
Ink: Versamark,
Markers: Old Olive Blendabilities (retired), Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities (retired), Nude Blendabilities (retired), Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizazz, Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Tip Top Taupe, Crushed Curry
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Lost Lagoon card stock
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals

Supplies:
Stamps: Gentle Peace
Ink: Versamark
Markers: Ivory Blendabilities, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzelberry, Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride, Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Tip Top Taupe
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay card stocks
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals

Supplies:
Stamps: Gentle Peace
Ink: Versamark, Smoky Slate
Paper: Pool Party, All Is Calm DP (retired)
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

And here are the cards I made at my mom's a couple weeks ago. She had just ordered the Subtles Markers so I thought I'd use that...I pulled out one sheet of Pool Party card stock and three sheets of Whisper White card stock, and grabbed a few stamps and pulled up a sketch. These were all intended to use the same sketch but it didn't quite work out...on the first I trimmed it wrong, haha... on the third I left off a snowflake, because I was running out of that sheet of card stock!
 So these two used the latest from the Viva La Verve sketch blog!
I decided to play with another snowman "set" (altho this one came by itself) and this is what I created. The greeting also came by itself.
Now my mom has five hand-stamped Christmas cards ready to mail!

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...