Tuesday, January 12, 2016

December 2015 Paper Pumpkin

Today I'm going to show off my alternative plan for December's Paper Pumpkin! And as soon as the My Pumpkin Challenge blog is ready for this kit, I'll link it there! (they give you plenty of time to enjoy the surprise of your kit and have a chance to create!)

Usually the Paper Pumpkin kits are available for a while so that subscribers can order more of their favorite kits, or kits they missed. This one sold out before December 23rd- and they only start shipping on the 10th! So, I'm very sorry, but you can't order a refill, or an original kit.

Here is the video of how the kit was designed so you can see the original plan.

 Can I be honest here? I have no use for a desk calendar. And the two people in my life I might give one too certainly don't want a flowery one. My husband and I have a tradition that he gets a Dilbert Daily calendar with his stocking, haha....
So. How could I use it instead....?
I actually had two great ideas but only one I could do today....
The first idea was to use the DP and the flowery pieces and the calendars in scrapbooking. Maybe some Project Life albums, maybe traditional, but the calendars would be a fun way to feature each month in 2016!
but.....I don't have photos printed from 2016....and I'm not doing that kind of an album unless it's digital, HA. (see HERE)

So, plan #2- birthday cards made very specifically for the birthday girls!
I went thru month by month and thought of specific people and I created six birthday cards ready to be mailed to each of these!
annnd soooo the ones I made for people who check this blog have to stay hidden! HA!

This one is for January...
 This one is for March....
Here is April...
 And here is May!
Supplies:
Stamps: Dec 2015 Paper Pumpkin, Boys Will Be Boys,
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Sky, Soft Suede, Blackberry Bliss card stocks, Dec 2015 Paper Pumpkin
Accessories: Dimensionals

It's hard to tell, but the circle, and the little flower image I stamped on the person's birthdate are part of the stamp set. The birthday greetings I used came from the new Sale-A-Bration set Sky Is the Limit, and the Boys Will Be Boys set.
The other funny thing is that for being a person who really can't stand gold, I used it on every single one of these cards!
...the only trick will be remembering that I already have a card ready to go for 6 people...!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect little collection of cards - and a great use for this kit! I've been making mine into cards, too! Thanks so much for submitting at My Pumpkin Challenge, but please, remember to mention us in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! She did mentioned the challenge at the top! Thats awesome!!
    Tx Ü from bringing this great idea for this kit. Now I wish I wish I got another one of these kits. Booo! Your cards are perfect and lovely! Can u believe i didn't know to use that tiny circle for THE date. Sigh..,I learned something new!! Love it!! Thanks for joining My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards are a great idea! I love your creations. I have a calendar tradition at Christmas just like you do! :) Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...