Friday, January 22, 2016

Stars!!

I really enjoy looking at the night sky. I find it extremely calming. Growing up, my parents always pointed out the Big and Little Dippers in the night sky. I took an astronomy class in college, which was fascinating and I'm sure I would have done great if it wasn't at 8am, in a dark room with the night sky, and an old professor with a calm, quiet, {monotone?} voice. My first baby's room had a star/moon/sun theme. On our camping trip this summer I hauled my kids over to a big meadow at like 11pm to show them the moon and stars. (and we don't even live in a truly well lit area!)

So a set with a globe, a fancy compass, sweet sentiments, AND stars??? Oh yeah. It's mine. hahaha!

I used the latest Mojo Monday sketch and played with the star DP and the Big Dipper stamp thinking about for the upcoming class, but I voted against it. That's why I kept them small. And realized the long way that 3x3 was smaller than I wanted. haha...
I still like them a lot tho, and I even know who to give them to!
Supplies:
Stamps: Going Global
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Delightful Dijon
Paper: Elegant Eggplant & Very Vanilla card stocks, Going Places DP
Accessories: Regals Candy Dots, 1" Circle Punch, Dimensionals 

The star print is on Delightful Dijon and I was glad the Eggplant goes so nicely with it, to imitate a night sky! I had a hard time deciding how to do the greeting circle, so here is my creative process in action: I photo'd the three ways to decide which looked better! haha!
In the end, I went with one of each color ink, on the Vanilla card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...