Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another Day

Wanna know what that is a picture of? Books. That needed repaired. There are 22 and one that couldn't be fixed...can't find what used to be its cover. That's right, I just fixed twenty-two books that my children have ripped and torn. Definitely something to go on my resume- Professional Torn-Book Repairman. Some times its just exuberant turning of the page. Sometimes its both of them holding the same book and fighting about who gets to turn the page. Sometimes its a tasty book (instead of ya know, a good book...) Other times books are really just stepping stones as you cross the "water". Why do kids always pretend the carpet is water?? Anyway. That was tonight's task.

My kids actually really love books. Especially our boy- the most destructive. He has always loved books. When he was tiny I would lay on my back holding the book above us and read to him. When our girl was tiny, this was a typical scene....

Isn't that adorable? And those were the days I repaired a stack of books about once a month. I mean really, what is this all about?! Guess I looked bored...... LOL!

In other news, one of S's very favorite movies is Pride & Prejudice. (the Kiera Knightley one) She's always said "Miss Ah-liv-a-lip" instead of Miss Elizabeth, (which cracks me up!) but the other night, she was telling me about "Eee-liz-a-beff". (with concentration and emphasis on each sound) awww! My baby's growin' up!

1 comment:

  1. we went to beakfast with Mark, Meriah, ans Michael some time ago and Michaol was telling us about his favorite book about a graffie so he asked us my was Book of Mormon and Sharols was Gone with the Wind he said he had read both and loved them

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...