Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Cause for Thanks

If you haven't seen this on other blogs yet, its finally my turn. Carolyn King (Cammie) is a big name in the stamping world. She designs stamps for Gina K and her most recent release is this adorable set, Whimsical Autumn. It's special because she is donating 100% of her proceeds of the sales of this set to the Alzheimer's Association, in memory of her grandmother.

Sunday was World Alzheimer's so Cammie talked to some friends (LOL) and has put together the biggest blog candy giveaway EVER. Really. It includes more than $1000 worth of stamping supplies and other goodies. Part of entering this blog candy requires you to make a card and send it to a care-taker of someone with Alzheimer's.

That inspired me to send cards to many care-takes I know. My paternal grandmother suffered from Parkinson's and dementia. My maternal grandfather had a severely debilitating stroke nearly 17 years ago and has had many, many problems related to that. (he was just admitted to a care facility this past week.) I know first hand how much a card would truly brighten the day of a care-taker, especially if that person is family. So here are four quick thank-you notes I put together just for this. If you can, send along a card of your own- they work so hard and selflessly and if its a person with Alzheimer's, they definitely don't feel appreciated, unless we tell them.

Supplies:

Stamps: Fresh Cuts ~

Ink: Perfect Plum, Regal Rose, Basic Gray ~

Paper: Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa card stocks ~

Accessories: Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Pink Gingham Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware ~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Tanya!
    LOVE the colors together!
    Some lucky people will be getting those!
    Cammie is sure to brighten many peoples day- with this wonderful cause and idea!
    Kindly,
    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I am glad that you were able to make those adorable cards. I am sure those people you send them to will appreciate them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Tanya!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya,

    I love the cards! I have never had the chance to use my Fresh Cut notes set yet, I'll have to do somthing with that soon!

    Jami over at Stamp Happy Just tagged me and I am supposed to tag 7 other people.

    I saw this on other blogs, but never thought I would get tagged since I am a new blogger. If you have not seen it she has her instructions on her site at

    http://westamphappy.blogspot.com/

    I am going to put the instructions on my site along with the fun tag part of it, but as it is so late, and I have kids to get ready in a few hours I may wait until tomorrow to post the rules!

    Have Fun.

    I really enjoy your blog!

    Heather Schlatter
    http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you attend recent scrapbook in Slc Sharols niece in lawa was there had a great time

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...