Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sketches!

Happy calm day with no where to go! Actually, we really did have somewhere to be, but Burt has a cold and a headache and my allergies are still crazy so we stayed home. Its ok, we're getting some rest and I got TWO cards made! (I'm even hoping to make some more...!)

First I have Beate's Weekend Sketch. It isn't quite what I had in my head, but it still turned out nice. For the tag, I stamped the words one by one and then sponged over the entire thing, and then used the direct-to-paper technique on the edges. Funny how springy it is with Christmas on my brain....

Supplies:

Stamps: Pick A Petal, Sock Monkey

Ink: Eggplant Envy, Certainly Celery

Paper: Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Eggplant Envy, Whisper White card stocks

Accessories: Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Tag Punch, Spiral Punch, 1/4 inch circle punch, Soft Subtles Brads

And here is my retired-Christmas-y take on Taylor's Cupcake Sketch. As soon as I saw the sketch I thought of this old paper I had. Makes it fun, that's for sure! Anyway, Taylor has just released her own new stamp line and they are really cute! Click on her link to see them in action.

Supplies: Stamps: Holiday Tag Team Ink: Always Artichoke Paper: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Real Red card stocks, All The Trimmings Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired!) Accessories: Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch

Amazing how much you can accomplish on a sick day! LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Great cards -- love the clean lines -- just lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, both cards look wonderful!
    Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Your simple design and clean style are perfect! Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!! I just don't pull this set out enough!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...