Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Flowers & Stripes

For this card, I used Lauren's Sketch and mixed in Beate's Inspiration Piece! I too loved the stripy couch, but I also liked the flowers sitting in the shelves. My stripes come from some more old DP- Spring Showers. The flower stamp is retired too- it comes from Lively Little Ones. Anyway, it was a pretty simple card and I like how it turned out.

Supplies:

Stamps: Lively Little Ones, Sock Monkey ~ Ink: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip ~ Paper: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White Card stocks, Spring Showers DP ~ Accessories: Silver Brads, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch

I wanted to share my happy - In the last week we've managed to buy 5 Christmas presents! And its only September! Walmart has cheap movie racks that are really worth checking out! The other day Burt and I noticed one such 'steal' that I went back for. It's gonna be a family gift, but I already know us girls will get the most fun from it. hee hee! Its a Rodgers & Hammerstein's collection with State Fair, Oklahoma and Carousel, for only $13 WOW! There's no features or anything (we love watching the bonus features!) but I'm sure not complaining! It worked out great because we are currently borrowing two of them from my parents. I'd never seen any of State Fair until last week, and I'd only seen my school's 9th grade production of Oklahoma. But thanks to four years of voice lessons where my main source of pieces came from a Broadway music book, I knew plenty of the songs! And Carousel is one of those favorites of mine that I never watch because it makes me cry. LOL! So I am super excited! Sienna will be too, yesterday she wanted to watch "Pok-ee-no-no-na" which turned out to mean "Oklahoma". That one really made me laugh...

Five gifts bought and I am already giddy-excited for Christmas to come! hee hee!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and paper you picked for the challenge! Great card!
    Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on Beate's challenge. And you go girl on the Christmas shopping! I think my family would wonder who had kidnapped me and who the person was that was getting Christmas shopping done before the final hours! Last year we were literally wrapping ALL of our gifts just so we could sit down and open them. We had traveled out of town (the whole family.. spouses.. everyone was there) and so we couldn't wrap anything because they don't let you take wrapped gifts on the plane. So we decided to just wait and buy everything there. BIG MISTAKE. It was the most hectic experience EVER!! lol So like anyway CONGRATS on your September Christmas finds.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...