Monday, September 1, 2008

Nine Years Ago...

...Burt and I looked like this: ...and this!
Cute, huh?! Oh, I definitely think so. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and (aside from a fabulous migraine, blah!) the day was perfect.

When I was maybe 17, while visiting my grandmother, she asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no and funny enough she joked, rather sympathetically, that maybe I could order one out of the Sears catalog. Not many years later (haha!), I was working at Sears and met this 'cute boy' who worked 'upstairs'. And that's what I called him- the cute boy upstairs. He is five years older than I am, and Burt likes to interject here that I asked him out. Hey, if you want to date, you'd better ask! So I did! And he proposed! So here we are today...!

It's been a great nine years and I'm so happy to have spent them with him.

Incase you're worried *wink* I am not typing this up today, I am happily enjoying a day with my husband. Two and half days to be precise. Kids are enjoying time with grandparents and we are off relaxing and eating yummy restaurant food! Hooray!!!

Happy Anniversary Burt!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well Happy Anniversary. 9 years down and Eternity to go....{big grin}
    How funny, I met my husband at Sears too, and we both worked in the catalog department. Maybe there is something to be said for the Sears catalog....ha ha ha
    Hope you two are having a great two and a half days childless.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you got some time away from it all with your hunny! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea hello and we call ourselves friends. Oh how jelous of you am I! I hope you have a good time with Burt.
    Mandee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow memories!

    Hard to imagine ours will be here soon as well!

    Happy Anniversary!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...