Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Saturday on Monday...!

Which means this comes from Jen's Saturday Sketch and isn't getting posted til Monday!

A square card is not so easy for me because I'm very accustomed to the rectangle format. Plus, since I don't have any Bella stamps (even tho I really like some of them!) I picked my newest favorite set again, Fresh Cuts! Sooo I had to go with a bigger card rather than a smaller. Or maybe that's just what I thought. At any rate, this is a 6x6 square card. I stamped Thank You because there's no way I could write enough to fill this card on any other topic! LOL!

The colors came from my plan for my workshop Friday, using this set. I have an Apricot Appeal base, then a layer of Blue Bayou. I did some piercing in the top corner to add interest. I have a square of Wild Wasabi in the bottom corner. I pierced that too, but I felt it needed more. I used my Versamarker and a ruler to add a few stripes! That was a fun idea but got tedious quickly. But I know that's just me. LOL! For the main focal point I stamped the big flowery image with Wild Wasabi ink, on Whisper White card stock, and layered that onto Apricot Appeal, and I did a little piercing on that too. I have some Whisper White grosgrain for the little side-strip and cut out two more of these adorable flowers. They are stamped in Apricot ink onto White, and stuck on with Dimensionals. Big 'n purty!

2 comments:

  1. I've decided I'm jealouse that you have/make time for stamping! I JUST got all my stamps out, I don't even have all my inks and other fun stuff in the cupboard yet. I love this card, and the peircing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly amazes me how talented you are... and you have the time or make the time to do something you enjoy. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...