Friday, June 27, 2008

More Catch-Up Sketches!

First this one from Lauren's blog, nearly a week ago! I'm not going to even point out all the issues, I'll just say this was my third try and this is as good as it gets! Apparently I DO shut down at night and my stamping just doesn't work out when its too late! Darnit... LOL! I do like the card, just wish it turned out a bit nicer. I cut it down to a 4x4 to make it more manageable and the base is Always Artichoke. I used Rose Red Prints designer paper for the bottom stripes as well as the back square. That is actually from the same sheet too- love that double sided-ness! Then I topped it with a Very Vanilla square. I stamped the dragonfly from Bugs & Kisses and I colored him with my Rose Red and Always Artichoke markers. Then I used one line from Boho Backgrounds for the greeting at the top. My row of buttons all match! Then, I saw this color challenge on Jen's blog and I had to try it. I picked the retired Cranberry Crisp for the dark red shade, and Soft Sky, (which is about to retire!) for the sky blue color. Love it, love it! I used my Daisy Crazy set and scattered little daisies with Versamark ink on the Soft Sky base. I have the wide Old Olive grosgrain ribbon topped with the fabulous Cranberry Crisp stitched grosgrain ribbon going down the side of the card. A tip? I use two mini glue dots to hold the ribbon in place on the front and then scotch tape on the back or the inside to hold the ends of ribbon down. No complaints yet! Anyway, the flowers are stamped with Old Olive and Cranberry inks, right on the Soft Sky card stock. I swiped the edges of that piece in Olive ink and matted it onto Cranberry card stock, and pierced down the side of that. This one turned out much better than the first. Guess which one I made first? LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Too cute Tanya! I especially love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think its super cute!! I dont think people should complain about ribbon attadchment when you make them a card! I would nevermake them one again if someone did! LOL! Yours is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at all the new cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty....it's such a great color combo! I love your blog background...those are my kinda colors. Thanks for playing along...hope your keep joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...