Monday, June 30, 2008

Get Whale Soon!

If Blogger will allow me to post pictures sometime today, you'll get to see my Whale card for Jen's Saturday Sketch to Try. Otherwise you'll just have to use your imagination! ha ha! I started by picking the patterned paper for the bigger square. I used this print from the Cutie Pie package. Beate once did a green whale with this stamp so I thought I'd choose him to go with the blue 'bubbles' and the green in the paper! The green in the paper is actually Certainly Celery, but I had wide Old Olive ribbon, so I matted both squares on Old Olive to tie that color in. I think Celery and Olive complement each other anyway. And since I had Olive ribbon stripeys, I used a card base of Bashful Blue, and then have Bashful brads to match that! I stamped the greeting in Old Olive ink, and colored the whale with my Watercolor wonder Crayons and Blender Pens. And there you have it! It worked!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great card - love that cute whale! He looks awesome with that DP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rocked this sketch!! awesome project!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...