Monday, June 9, 2008

Stamp Challenges

I DID get to stamp! Hooray! So here are some challenge cards! This first one comes from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #19, found here. I don't have any cupcake stamps, but I have had this scallop punch thing done for a while. It fit the sketch so I used that! I have a Pretty in Pink card base, a card front cut from the Berry Bliss paper, a strip of Pretty in Pink card stock across the middle. On that I tied some Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, stamped the words from Fresh Cuts, and added the circle, which is a Close to Cocoa scallop punch, with the little dots punched out of the 'petals', then topped width a chipboard circle which I covered in the Sprinkles Chunky Glitter from the Occasions mini. I also added four Pink Brads to the corners of the card. Its simple but I like it. This second card comes from Jen's Saturday Sketch, and I'm showing my card on a Monday, which seems to be the norm for me... what is it about weekends?! LOL! For this one, I started with the bottom half of the card! I stamped the flower stamp from Boho Backgrounds in Summer Sun ink, on Very Vanilla card stock. Then what...? I mounted it onto Cameo Coral card stock, and added the wide Old Olive grosgrain ribbon. Then I stamped the butterfly from Time Well Spent in Basic Black and colored her with my Pastels and Blender Pens. I stamped the words from my Simply Sent kit in Summer Sun and sponged the edges of that piece with Coral ink. It looks a little weirdly done but oh well. I mounted that onto Old Olive card stock and added the Summer Sun arch piece, which looks a little bit like a setting sun!

1 comment:

  1. such pretty cards!! thx for playing!! hugs-jd

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...