Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Inspiration Everywhere!

First, Beate found inspiration in a cake! This is a gorgeous cake! I wanted to do something with the tiny flowers, but I don't really have any that worked... So I turned to my newest set, Fresh Cuts and thought I could make the big stamp work for the flowery vines, with different colors. Um....it worked....but not how I envisioned...! This one is my third attempt to color it, and I liked how soft this try ended up, so here we go! I actually used Always Artichoke ink (and Rose Red and So Saffron) but the Artichoke looked a lot closer to Mellow Moss, so that's what its mounted on. The card is Soft Sky, and I tied a little Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon on the side, and stamped the words in Mellow Moss.

This one is a lot brighter! I found this in a round-about-way on Carole's blog for their TCP Tuesday challenge. I decided it would stretch my creativity! LOL! And for this card I used lots of retiring products to entice you as well! The card is Yoyo Yellow, which I really don't use very often, I think just for birthday cards! I used a piece of the soon to be retired Hostess Prints Pack in Wild Wasabi, then the top is just Whisper White. I used the soon retiring Time Well Spent set with Yoyo Yellow and Wild Wasabi inks. I tied the fast-retiring Wasabi double-stitched ribbon around the top and then tried my hand at a totally new bow idea (for me, anyway!). I used a tiny bit of very old yellow ribbon to tie the center. Oh, and I got the words from the retiring Its Your Birthday set. Don't forget to place your order soon if you want these things! Have a Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tanya, good luck on Saturday. What hours will you be there? We are going boating on Saturday, but I would like to stop by and say hi to my business-woman friend. Well, I will probably see you around tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is beautiful. Both cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Tanya! thanks for playing this week's TCP Tuesday challenge and be sure to look for your swanky card on Alma's Holey Moley Monday slideshow!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...