Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mojo Monday #40 (on Tuesday)

I am just going to accept that I will be a day (or two, or three!) off for a while now! But at least I got some stamping done! Soon I'll have to post some highlights from our busy day yesterday!

Confession: I do not LOVE this card. I think its ok, I do like the elements, just not so much together. O well! It follows Julee's sketch and that's what it was supposed to do.

So! the details... I have a Regal Rose card base. I never use that color, but now that I have the marker and the ink spot, I should! Its a nice shade of pink! Then a layer of So Saffron card stock. On that I layered the four squares of Certainly Celery Prints paper. (Yes Julee, that was a pain!) I used both dotty patterns to keep it a little more clean... or at least that was the intention. LOL! I stamped the big flower from Time Well Spent in Basic Black ink on Whisper White card stock and colored it with the Rose and Saffron markers. I punched out the little spokes that make up the petals for the big Saffron circle piece to show thru. I cut that big circle with the Making Memories circle cutter I showed in an earlier post. I also added a Celery brad to the center of the flower. The smaller circle was punched with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. the flower was stamped in Basic Black ink on So Saffron card stock, and then I highlighted it with my Versamarker. I added another Celery brad there, and ran the edges of the circle across my Regal Rose ink spot. For the stripey elements near the bottom, I have the Celery ribbon from the Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals set working as the scallop piece. I have a strip of Whisper White card stock layered with a strip of Regal Rose card stock! Then I stamped the greeting in Regal Rose ink. That was a lot of details...! Or maybe just a lot of rambling. I better go make dinner now, enjoy your evening!

*Edited to add: If you are not on my email list, be sure and check my list on the side with Stampin' Up!'s specials and my events.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Tanya... I LOVE the card!! That big ole flower is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Lovely colours!!

    Tiina from Finland

    my Mojo Monday card:
    www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out great. So pretty. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...