Sunday, June 29, 2008

Scrapping Fast!

So, my parents have hosted an exchange student for the past school year. We have been making a scrapbook for her to take home, highlighting the BIG events and doing the journaling for her so that, ya know, in 13 years when she pulls out her book she has a clue what she's talking about! (13 years ago ((what?!)) I was in Germany for about a month and I have no guesses what most of my pictures are of!) Now its crunch-time and we are literally just pumping out the pages as fast as we can to get it done in time. However, I have done two things in particular this past week or so that I am proud of! ha ha! Always good to share our accomplishments...
Look how pretty this girl turned out! I stamped her on Very Vanilla card stock and colored her with Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens AND used markers too! Then I swiped all the torn edges in Creamy Caramel ink! I love it! ...and here's the entire page if you were interested. Not too impressive, but I just love that girl! Now this mountain...! Its retired but it still gets plenty of love around here! This particular site they stopped at is a multi-colored mountain. Hmm..... So! I used markers to do a top of More Mustard, then Close to Cocoa, then Chocolate Chip, and then the trees are in Garden Green! COOOOL! That was one of those moments where you step back and realize how smart you are sometimes! And then you laugh....because its very late at night and the Skittles are getting to you... And here's a shot of the rest of the super simple, rather plain page! ha ha! Now go do something impressive!

2 comments:

  1. what a fabulous idea! she will cherish that book when she goes home!

    i wanted to let you know that i tagged you...thanks for your support and comments on my blog!! play along if you like!
    chelle

    http://apaintergirl.typepad.com/the_many_adventures_of_a_/2008/06/tag-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little, we drove by this mountain every summer. My grandparents owned a motel in Orderville. I was CONVINCED it was made of candy.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...