Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mojo Monday #42

Today I went with a patriotic theme for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. I sat down to make a card I need and ended up with this...which will go to someone else entirely...hmm! This set is also very old, but I have it here to work on some scrapbooking.

Julee mentioned you could do color blocking or ribbon for the stripes and I liked both ideas! I have a Brilliant Blue card, a card front of Whisper White and then the chunks are Real Red card stock. I wrapped some retired silver cord around the stripe-y side and then tied tiny knots around three of the strings. I inked up the flag from Land That I Love and stamped it on Whisper White, and matted that onto more Brilliant Blue card stock. Then I added three silver brads and popped the image all up onto dimensionals. I haven't thought of a greeting yet, and maybe I won't put one on at all. But there ya go!

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you have cut out stips of red! I was thinking of same thing today for Papertake challenge!
    And I have always liked string being wrapped around a card! I dont why but it always takes it a step further!
    Thankyou so much for such nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for this sketch challenge. Love that you made the stripes more than just the layout but also a part of the theme. Very cool and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. I love the way you wrapped the silver cord. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...