Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Be Inspired #12

I love these challenges because it motivates me to stamp RIGHT NOW. I saw Beate's inspiration piece and knew it was the kick-start I needed to get going on Mother's Day cards. They SHOULD arrive in time if I mail them in the morning.....right?? Anyway, this one is for my MIL because she rarely checks my blog. :)

I used the retired (and for sale below!) Best Blossoms set, because I've used these leaves this way before. I have a Mellow Moss card base, so I used Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke ink for the leaves. For the flower image I stamped on Whisper White card stock and layered that on Apricot Appeal card stock. The flowers are stamped with the Rock & Roll technique, with Apricot Appeal and More Mustard ink. Then I used my also retired All Year Cheer II set for the Mother's Day words. I only inked up the word Mother, with Mellow Moss ink. Then I cut around this piece from my Hodgepodge Hardware set to frame the word. I tied White Grosgrain ribbon around the main image, and knotted it around the Hardware piece! I am really happy with how it turned out!

** As a note, Stampin' Up! just announced that the Hodgepodge Hardware finishes currently in the main catalog are retiring this summer with the new catalog. Now, I don't know...but that sounds to me as tho they'll have other, new finishes to "replace" these. **

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, your card looks amazing! I love it!
    Thanks so much for playing. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...