Thursday, May 29, 2008

How things go...

I don't know how it is in your house, but around here the office has always been the 'catch-all' room. Anything that doesn't have a home? put it in the office! Anything confiscated from kids? put it in the office! Anything that needs sorted thru or filed? put it in the office! That means, that in the reorganizing of the office, I'm sort of piling things up in other rooms. This is not a good cycle! So yesterday I utilized the tiny bookshelf that WAS in here holding stamp stuff and now its in our living room holding kids books. That meant there was more room on the main bookcase for um, the books we got for Christmas... Now they're not piled in our bedroom anymore! That worked nicely! I'm not sure if I'm making progress or just making more work, but I am in the middle of several projects along those lines. The other big thing keeping me busy is this:

My mom is involved in this foreign exchange group and one of the things they do together in their first week is a scrapbook page. Last year she and I worked on them together but this year she is just soooo busy I decided to take it on myself. So I am prepping 125 of these pages and 125 of another design. Prepping means I do all the stamping, cutting, punching and stick all the pieces in a sheet protector. The kids will assemble them however they want, but my samples will be displayed as a guide. I'm not exactly sure when I have to have this done, but really soon! So this is taking up my time too.

For anyone interested, this page is done with a Real Red base, a strip of Whisper White for the title. Circles are punched from Whisper White and Brilliant Blue. I also used the Small Star punch on some of them. I have the retired Letterpress ABC set for the title (stamped in Brilliant Blue), the retired Land That I Love for the Statue of Liberty (stamped in Sage Shadow), and the Red stars come from In The Stars from the mini catalog. I used the Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel across the bottom, and about half the pages have that in Red ink and the other half have Brilliant Blue ink. That's the only difference. Then three Silver Brads and a strip of Real Red striped grosgrain ribbon. Very simple page, easy to alter and plenty of room to use whatever photos strike them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...