Monday, May 12, 2008

A Mojo Monday!

I tried this sketch today. I've seen lots of people blog about Julee's Mojo Monday and I was really looking for an idea to get me going today! This seems pretty different for me, but maybe it isn't.

I started by choosing a patterned paper, which I picked from the long-retired Spring Showers package. I used a So Saffron card base then matted both rectangles on Basic Black card stock. (the lines in the paper are actually Chocolate Chip, I believe, but black worked better for me) I tied the bigger rectangle with Black grosgrain ribbon. The second rectangle I stamped the greeting from Polka Dots & Paisley in Basic Black ink, then the flower from Priceless in So Saffron ink. I planned on using buttons but they were too big for my card pieces, so I used three brads from my Hodgepodge Hardware kit. Oh and I paper-pierced around the three open edges of my card. So what do you think?

I managed to get a couple other things done today too, that I'll be posting soon. It was nice to have a rainy day and just stamp this afternoon while I let Hunter play computer games. But tomorrow we are getting out!

2 comments:

  1. I love Julee's sketches for inspiration. Your card is awesome.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Looks so classy! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...