Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekend Sketch #47

I was very excited to play with this sketch from Beate! Its 11pm and I am tired, but I had to create today! So, card first, stories in a minute!

I was a little thrown by the oval. I don't have any cutting system and no pre-cut ovals...so I used a very old super cheap corner rounder that didn't work too well! But hey, it got the gist of the oval....except that I just notices mine is turned the wrong way... hmm... O well! I really like the card so its ok! ha ha!

So I have my Close to Cocoa base, a mat of Whisper White, then a piece of brown flower print from the Berry Bliss pkg and a pink flower print from the Hostess Level 1 Prints Paper. I tied that whole rectangle with some White grosgrain ribbon. I gotta say, just that far was absolutely lovely! I could have left it just like that! But not for the sketch! Plus it did need some kind of greeting....and stamps!! So I used my For A Friend thank you flower. I colored it with my Watercolor Wonder crayons and even used the Pretty in Pink crayon on the edges to give it a hint of pink. Subtle, but nice. I matted it on Close to Cocoa also, and put it up on Dimensionals. Purty sweet!

My office is coming along nicely. Burt and I were up insanely late last night taking the old desk apart and assembling the new one. (This is the third big piece of furniture we've had to assemble in our marriage and we always start about 11pm! I think I may not assemble any more furniture! ha ha!) Anyway, I tried to start organizing things today but at the moment I'm to that point where its like the night after you moved into a new place...you know what you need is around here somewhere, but where?! Sienna didn't take a nap today, so I didn't get very much done. Lots and lots of work to do tomorrow. When its all done it will be fabulous. I can't wait! I love my new desk and I'm really excited about everything else. Just gotta keep going!

3 comments:

  1. This is darling, I love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, your card looks great! You do NEED an oval cutter though.

    Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for playing! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack, I saw your focal point and thought for sure you used one one my tin label stamps! ;) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...