Sunday, May 25, 2008

Springtime!

...from a couple years ago! But that's ok because I got one more page done! I just love these pictures of my girly. I did the page for her book when the pictures were taken, but just got the page for my book done this weekend, so here it is.
Lauren used this old Sarah designer paper recently and I remembered I've hoarded it! I thought it would work really well with these photos! So that was my starting point. The colors in the paper are Certainly Celery, Whisper White, So Saffron and some darkish blue...I went with the retired Buckaroo Blue. My title is stamped in Buckaroo Blue with the Taffy Alphabet. I added three Celery brads and then two ribbons- Celery from the Fairy Tale ribbon originals set, and then White grosgrain layered on top of that! Fun and springy!
Then, remember this page I just did for my son? I figured out my journaling and wanted to share! You may have noticed I finally got to change up my music! The first track listed is one of my favorite songs- When You Come Back Down by Nickelcreek. I got the Nickelcreek self titled CD for my son's first Christmas. The first time I heard this song I immediately thought of the relationship between a parent and child. I'm not convinced that's the perspective the song is coming from, but it works!!! I used to look for the perfect picture so I could put the words to this song on a page for his book but never quite found it. Well, this CD is my "its been a bad day and I need to relax" music and its been living in my car for the last few weeks. (Turns out my boy has a new favorite song on this CD too!) But having done this page, I thought the song fit. I just typed it up and added it to his page. Its night so I can't get a good shot without a bad glare on the photo, so here is the way I added the lyrics, (sorry its dark!) and a close up of the way I emphasized certain lines. If you are a mother, you'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...