Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Sketch #48

'Tis the graduation season! This year we had two graduates and my mom needed a card for my cousin. For 'my' cards I used Beate's weekend sketch. The third card is different. I tried hard to use the school colors, but I wasn't 100% successful. ;) Anyway, here ya go! (Every single stamp I used today is retired! Sheesh!)

This one has a Brilliant Blue base, a Whisper White front, a square of Going Gray and a square of Whisper White. I embossed this image from Framed Greetings with Silver embossing powder and my Versamark pad. I stamped the congrats in Brilliant Blue. This one I had a harder time with because I didn't want a big white front...or a white card. So I got creative with the big rectangle in the sketch! I tore a rectangle-ish piece of scratch paper, then instead of sponging around it, I just smooshed my Real Red Stampin' Spot right onto the paper, around the scratch piece. So there you have it! I embossed the tossed hat from Event Full with the same powder/versamark, on Basic Black card stock. I have another rectangle of Going Gray layered with Whisper White and I stamped the greeting from Warmest Regards in Real Red. This final card uses a very old set - Great Graduation! I embossed the girl image on Going Gray card stock with the silver powder and then colored her with markers. I overlapped that onto the Taken with Teal card stock (a color I never use!) and stamped the diploma with Teal on Teal for a nice subtle touch. I put the three silver brads thru both those pieces. Then I put it all on a Whisper White card base and stamped the congrats in Teal as well.

Three more cards, ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, all three cards turned out great! Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...