Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Gift!

Here is one of the projects I've been working on. Oddly, it took about an entire day to settle on a color for the flowers! Then I had to get an opinion on the ribbons... I put waaay too much effort into this one! But I am happy with how it turned out, so I guess that's what matters!

I bought this small black frame that actually ended up too big for my original idea, maybe that's why it took so long to figure out what to do! Anyway, I stamped the flowers on Whisper White card stock with Summer Sun blossoms and Certainly Celery stems, and used Chocolate Chip for the center. That way they can be Black-Eyed Susan or Sunflowers, depending on the recipients preference. I matted that onto Chocolate Chip card stock and layered the whole thing on some Celery Prints Paper. Then I added three bits of ribbon to the side of the frame. That's trickier than I thought because you have to bend the ribbon around the inside of the frame to allow for the glass and everything to go back in! Not so much fun...and maybe there's an easier way to do it...hmm....! But I used some old Stampin' Up! yellow, I think it was called Maize grosgrain, and then Black Gingham ribbon, just knotted on the side.

Here's a close-up:

So it works! I'm going to make a coordinating card to go with it, and I'm debating something else like maybe a stamped candle...I don't know. Something cute tho! haha!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I really like this idea! What a fun, easy way to give a present. I'll be calling you for inspiration when I need a present to give!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...