Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Challenge Two-fer!

Two 'fer" the price of one, that is. I combined Beate's Sketch with kwerner's color challenge! And even tho I would not ever think to put all of these colors together on one project, I am very happy with the result! Not to mention how super excited I am about this new stamp set, Fresh Cuts! Its a sneak peek for the new catalog, coming in August! Demonstrators got to order the set and coordinating note cards in May and YOU can order it in June! (I know, I know, Beate used the same set...!) So for this card, I used Not Quite Navy for the base. I have a chunk of Bashful Blue card stock across the middle, where I stamped the leafy image in Old Olive ink and the greeting with Not Quite Navy ink. Then some Old Olive 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon running across the center of it all. Over the ribbon is a piece of Whisper White card stock which I stamped in So Saffron ink and sponged the edges in it too. I matted it on a piece of Old Olive card stock. And here's another sample using this awesome set! Its just so pretty, so elegant and SO easy to use! What's not to love?! Plus, if you come to my workshop on June 6th, you'll get to play with this set and the new cards! AND if you host a $400 workshop during the month of June you get them both for FREE. On this card I was using the Splitcoaststampers color challenge for this week. This combo is not a challenge for me, I love these colors together! Oh but I added the Rose Red...that was not part of the original plan. I have a Sage Shadow base, a mat of Chocolate Chip card stock beneath the Very Vanilla piece. I have my lovely Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon going across the center here. I stamped the leafy stamp in Sage Shadow and the words in Chocolate Chip. I love this font too! Then I stamped the little flower with Rose Red ink and cut them out. They're up on Dimensionals. This card is similar to the first, but lacking the top rectangle. But I like both cards! Hooray for new stamps!

3 comments:

  1. Both cards look great! I love what you did with the new set.
    Thanks for playing. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your work... great job...thanks for sharing it
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...