Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lauren's two-fer!

Yep, Lauren posted a two-fer! She had a sketch AND color challenge! The sketch was easy for me, the colors were not. I do NOT care for Taken with Teal. I dunno, maybe I got burned out on it when it was HUGE in junior high...everybody loved Teal. And Burgundy. And both at the same time. Remember that? Well I do. So anyway, that one is hard for me to work with. The colors she listed were White, Teal, Sky and Guava. So here's what I did... The card is Whisper White. I stamped the circle from (the retiring!) Sweet Thing in Groovy Guava ink (also retiring!) to do the scalloped edge, but its on the inside of the card! I just trimmed a little off the front half! (here's a better view...)
Then I added a front of Guava card stock, and wrapped that with White grosgrain ribbon. The focal point is an image from the (retiring!) hostess set For A Friend. I inked the flower with Guava, the stem is Always Artichoke and the words are in Taken with Teal. I then swiped the White card stock edges in Guava ink, matted it onto some Teal card stock, and matted that on Soft Sky card stock! Super simple!

1 comment:

  1. Tanya you did a great job with these colors! Love your card and those cute scallops on the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...