Monday, August 25, 2008

Sketch and a funny

Here is my card for Taylor's Friday Cupcake challenge! I was going for elegant, not plain...I hope I succeeded! The hardest part of this card was pulling out my heat tool for the second time in 6 days! haha! I used the emboss-resist technique on the center image. I inked up the stamp with my Versamark, then embossed with Clear powder, then I sponged on Bravo Burgundy ink. I think it turned out well. I also clear embossed the words for an added touch. Its a little hard to tell in the photo, but the tipped square is Bravo Burgundy card stock and the mat for the image is Chocolate Chip card stock.

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Fresh Cuts ~

Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Versamark ~

Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip ~

Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Silver Brads, Chocolate Taffeta ribbon, Stamping Sponges

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little more than a year ago the kids and I went to my cousin's wedding, about the same time my daughter got into the Princess movies. She has been close to obsessed with weddings and getting married ever since. She frequently asks who is married, if I got married to Daddy and if she can get married and tells people that when she's "big like H she's getting married"...which is NOT big enough!

So, the other day while eating lunch, she suddenly announces "Oh no! I didn't get married!!!" H and I look at each other with a smile and I said something about how she isn't old enough yet. She turns to her brother and says "But will you get married with me?" He answers with "No, we can't get married. You have to marry your boyfriend." She heaves a big, dramatic, pouty sigh and says "I don't WANT to marry my boyfriend! I want DADDY to marry me!" I join in with "but he married ME!" She gives a confused look and says "He did?!" .................yes dear, we've covered this a time or two......

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick questions since I am not a stamper... what is a heat tool?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...