Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sundays!

Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have a husband who is a great cook and loves to cook?! Well, I AM! I was telling him about our nephew's family trying a new meal every Sunday and he was all over that plan! (we're hoping it helps expand our children's eating interests.) So last Sunday was something new for the kids and mommy - corned beef & cabbage, with carrots and mashed potatoes! Check it out:
Personally, not a cabbage fan. So it was fiiiine with me that I was allergic to it, even tho it was slightly cooked. The carrots and potatoes were great, and the corned beef wasn't bad. It was actually good, but something I got tired of quickly. It was like juicy jerky. Very salty, but not in a bad way. The kids liked the meat and the potatoes...hee hee. Cabbage was nobody's favorite, even tho Burt does like cooked cabbage. All in all, I think we could have it again, just not this month. *wink*
Enjoy your Sunday!




5 comments:

  1. I like that idea of a new food on sundays. Mmm I might get on board with that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are lucky to have a chef in the family. Of the two of us, Ben is probably more of a chef, or maybe it's just that he cares more that there is something decent to eat from time to time! MIGHT make the cinnamon rolls tonight. If so, I'll bring you some but I'm sure they wont live up to Burt's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave women I don't think I could eat anything called corned beef. Blah! I'm glad you liked it and if it works out that your kids eat more of a varity of things let me know!
    Mandee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm!! That is one of my favorite meals. Did he use the flavoring packet that came with the meat? If so, try it without, it's not as strong. Oh and mustard on the cabbage gives it a little kick. Thanks...can it me March now cuz I'm craving corned beef!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good idea. I am curious as to how he made the potatoes and carrots? They look really good. I cook my corned beef in the crock pot. I get the one from Sam's. I throw it in, sprinkle the seasoning on top, and throw on the lid. Don't add water. It makes it's own juices. I cook it for about 6 hours. Very very tender and yummy.
    Here are too good blogs for you:
    http://www.5dollardinners.com/
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy!
    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...