Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Birthday Card!

Today I have a little story.
The set I feature today is not found in the catalog. When Stampin' Up! started making photopolymer stamp sets, they released one a month for quite a while, to see how customers liked them and if this was something they should keep. (I say YES) Today's stamp set was one of those monthly releases. I loved it the day I saw it and thought of a few people it would be great for.....and that's as far as it went. Probably I had other things to spend my stamp dollars on, like seasonal whatevers. Well, this stamp set was part of the Online Extravaganza over Thanksgiving, and who doesn't love a sale? So I got it! Then, while waiting {im}patiently for my order to arrive, I realized the person who the set sounds the most like had a birthday coming up!! How perfect is THAT??
It is, in fact, so perfect. When my husband let me know that UPS was bringing a package of Christmas gifts that day, I commented that my stamp order should be on that truck too. Then I sent him the stamp set link HERE and asked if that wasn't just the thing to send this friend. He replied that it was so much her, I "should just stamp a card full of all those Liz-isms". hahahaha!
Of course the afternoon it arrived to my house I was busy {away from home} the rest of the day! But the very next morning I sat down and played with it, just for her! I used the December sketch from the Viva La Verve blog, and colors she did her living room in, so I'm guessing that means she likes them, haha! And I colored the girl with Blender Pens and ink pads squished onto the lid.
Supplies:
Stamps: Just Kidding
Ink: Memento Black, Chocolate Chip, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride marker
Paper: Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Chevron Natural Ribbon, Dimensionals, Blender Pens

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...