Friday, December 11, 2015

O Christmas Tree...!

Today's card is quick, aside from the fussy cutting. But it still only took me about 20 mins, start to finish.
If you follow anyone else from Stampin' Up! you have likely seen the images from the lovely Home for Christmas DP cut out and used on projects. I think even one of our blog hops featured the same idea. I bought two packages of this DP, which I almost never do! But a- the music paper is sooo pretty and I had to have more, and b- cutting up a page or so, like this for cards just might require more DP!
...ahem...
I'm a scrapbooker too, ya know...
*giggle

So here's my first try cutting the image out, and I like it! I used the newest NAC sketch but instead of a circle put in the tree. I used the top corner tree, and had to cut around and thru lots of presents, so I salvaged a few for the corner. I even stuck one on the inside!

Supplies:
Stamps: Nov 2014 Paper Pumpkin (now sold out)
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Paper: Mint Macaron, Real Red card stocks, Home For Christmas DP
Accessories: Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals

But then! I decided I liked it so much I kept going, and ended up with these two very similar designs too! And really, even with cutting it out, these are quick cards! I might end up with a stack since at the time of typing this, I still need 13 cards made...!
Supplies:
Stamps: Nov 2015 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Paper: Real Red, Soft Sky card stocks, Home For Christmas DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Softly Falling embossing folder, Dimensionals

And finally this one... I showed the full-ish sheet as the background to show all the cute little deer there are to choose from. There are I think 5 red noses on the page, and I cut out one without a red nose...so I stuck a red holly berry from the latest Paper Pumpkin kit on his nose!! Fun, huh??
Supplies:
Stamps: Nov 2015 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Pear Pizazz, Real Red card stocks, Home For Christmas DP
Accessories: Nov 2015 Paper Pumpkin red pearls, Dimensionals

And here's a close up of the three focal points that are oh so cute! I {heart} this paper!! I am SO glad I got two of them!!

4 comments:

  1. I bought a pack of that DSP and I haven't cut into it at all yet, it's just too pretty to cut in my house ;) That said, I love what you did with it! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Tanya! Super cute Christmas cards. Great use of the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three cards. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...