Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Best Buds!

In just a few short weeks, my son's best friend for the last two years (is that right?! Wow!) is moving across the country. Clearly, this is traumatic for him. (he gets upset when kids he doesn't play with much move away, so this is just about devastating!) It's actually upsetting to all of us! For me, its the greatest thing to have a friend live so close who has kids the same age as mine and 'gets' me-from husbands jobs to headaches to high school, yes, really (...that's a lot of "h"'s!). Our girls are good friends too and I'm doing a page for my daughter, but I am very happy with how this page turned out for my son. I'll do the journaling in a day or two, but didn't want it photographed. ;) I do have other pictures of the kids playing together, but I really liked this day, with just the two of them digging out this Grand {something} Canyon "where only boys can dig". tsk tsk tsk, stinkin' big brothers! LOL! (a close up for the details) So for the page, I used a Creamy Caramel base. I matted the photos with Very Vanilla card stock and the journaling rectangles and title strip are also Vanilla. I stamped the title in Always Artichoke ink, matted the whole thing on Always Artichoke card stock and added some little touches. I used the thinnest Twill Tape and have three loops on the side, stapled to the strip, and then added three Artichoke square buttons. Then another one for balance. On the journaling pieces, I stamped two images from the very-long-retired Little Trucks set in Basic Black ink, then colored them with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Blender Pens. I sponged Creamy Caramel ink around the edges of those pieces, then added more buttons. I just LOVE how it turned out. We're gonna miss you guys! * sniff *

1 comment:

  1. How sad for Hunter! My kids are missing their friend Roman who has been gone for 3 weeks. I can't imagine if he moved away. It would be heartbreaking. Poor kids!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...