Monday, July 28, 2008

A Christmas card!

I just started up a gallery on Splitcoaststampers, finally. I've browsed their site and used the "resources" file for a lonnng time now, and there are so many fun challenges and inspiration things going on, I wanted to play too! LOL! So here's my other cards...!
I was so happy with how pretty this card turned out that I am posting it here also! It was a sketch challenge, from Erika Martin in the Gina K forum. I did a Christmas card for the previous sketch challenge, so between being "in the mood" for cold and snow (temporarily...because I am DONE with the hot hot days!) and the fact that this was a new-to-me stamp set, I went with this! (its also retiring, so if you love this, get it quick! Peaceful Wishes, $23.95)
So! I have a Ruby Red base, a mat of Always Artichoke and a card front of Very Vanilla. I ran Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon across the bottom third, and the greeting is stamped in Ruby Red ink, on Vanilla card stock with an Artichoke mat. The branch (is it mistletoe?) is colored with my Ruby and Artichoke markers. Soooo pretty! (plus it was simple, and therefore qualifies for two other challenges! OCC did a Christmas one and so did Sharon! Three in one!!!)
...I am hoping to get to play with more sketches and challenges today, but we'll see how it goes. It was a crazy-busy weekend and the coming week will be no different! Be sure and check out my blog candy below!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card....Peaceful Wishes is a beautiful set! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peaceful wishes card is just wonderful -- love it -- that is such a beautiful set!!! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... can you do a bunch of christmas cards for as cheap as you can buy them at the store? I am curious about that. It is a beautiful card, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your x-mas card. Good luck on painting your bathroom. The color sounds beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tanya! I absolutely LOVE this!! I have volunteered to do an "enrichment" activity with my woman's group at my church. I need to come up with 3 or 4 Christmas card designs that are beautiful yet clean and uncomplicated. This is one of them! I'm so CASing this! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card Tanya...so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a LOVELY card Tanya! I also noticed you got a new hair cut?? Have I been asleep at the wheel? Too cute! Glad you played in Sharon's challenge! :-)
    Julie
    p.s. Just read your comment about your son getting torqued because fall comes before Christmas -- give him my sincere apologies! (I picked the challenge last week!!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If anybody comes back, thank you so much for all the compliments!!! That totally makes my whole week!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...