Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Rock'n Card!

So, while browsing Julie's blog I saw she had started up a new challenge blog: Y.OU K.NOW Y.OU R.OCK and I was very interested in the challenge! LOL! Its actually a really neat idea, to take the inspiration from what you're listening to. I told you I'm in soundtrack mode (see my last tag!) and at that moment I had my "instrumental" playlist going. It was the last song from Pirates III and moving into Princess Bride. Since my card from the previous post used the same stamp set and colors I would choose for Princess Bride, I went with Pirates. Which is actually pretty hard to work with! So! you can first see the cover art for the CD... ...and here is my card!
The base is Bordering Blue card stock, a mat of Basic black and a front of Going Gray! I used the swirls from Priceless, with Bordering Blue ink for the smoky look, then I wrapped Copper Cord around the top half of the card. The heart was stamped in Versamark ink onto Black card stock and then dusted with Copper pearl ex powder. The word was done the same way. Sooo its a wedding card! That's the only thing I've come up with for metallics: weddings. Just don't ask me today, who its for! I dunno!

5 comments:

  1. Now that's thinking out of the box!! You nailed the color and I can actually see the connection. Who would have thought a smoky Johnny Depp could turn into metallic hearts and flourishes!?! LOL! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWzA, Tanya, love your card; your entry really rocks!

    Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge! Be sure to come back and vote for your favorite entry.

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya I was stopping by to check out your card for the challenge...Great Job!!!
    I really like the colors!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting way to use this cover, Tanya! I love the way it turned out. Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the copper cord and heart ... beautiful inspired card.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...